I’m Tyler Mertins and I’m currently the digital media manager for the National Press Foundation in Washington, D.C. I shoot and edit video, audio and photos for NPF, create graphics for events and promotions, manage content on our website, and produce live-streaming educational webinars in a TV broadcast studio setting. I’m a native of Morgantown, West Virginia, home of West Virginia University, where I completed my B.S. in Journalism. I now call Arlington, Virginia my home.
I’ve worn many hats in my experience:
- Producing and directing video web streams and promotional videos
- Telling local stories through multimedia platforms
- Reporting the news and DJ-ing for radio stations
- Lending my voice for radio commercials and videos
- Arranging and producing music
- Writing, scheduling and measuring social media across multiple channels
I’m a quick learner and constantly researching ways to improve my work through either equipment, software or new skills. I love turning a vision into a final product and working on details that help set my work apart. While I’m well versed in the technical side of multimedia production, I also enjoy talking to team members, leadership and talent to storyboard and refine my work to achieve the best final product.
You can also look me up on LinkedIn.